The University Compliance, Ethics & Enterprise Risk Management Officer (UCERMO) is charged with directing and coordinating an effective university-wide compliance and ethics program. The primary function of the UCERMO is to be a resource for compliance related support and serve as a catalyst for the achievement of university best practices in all compliance related subject matter areas.
While the UCERMO does not own any discrete compliance subject matter area, the UCERMO is able to assist in:
- providing guidance on maneuvering through legal and regulatory frameworks impacting your units,
- addressing compliance-related concerns or instances of non-compliance,
- engaging in ethical decision-making,
- establishing and/or re-engaging in cross-unit or cross-disciplinary compliance activities,
- assistance in scheduling and responding to federal agency reviews and investigations, and
- developing internal compliance goals and objectives to continue to promote a culture of compliance and ethical behavior.