Skip to main content

Reporting Concerns

Your concerns are our concerns.

NC State encourages the campus community to report misconduct, violations of law or PRRs, or other concerning issues.

Employees are encouraged to report concerns directly to their supervisor or manager. If you don’t feel comfortable raising a concern with your supervisor or manager because your concern relates to them, you have previously told them but the concern has not been remedied, or any other reason, NC State provides options for reporting, including via anonymous methods.

There are several ways you can report your concern at NC State:

No matter where you report your concerns, NC State staff will route the report to the appropriate office.

EthicsPoint Hotline

An anonymous, 24/7 resource for reporting concerns about legal or policy violations or research misconduct. 

Additional Specific Reporting Options

Reporting LinePurposeResponsible NCSU Office
Call or text 911Report emergencies and crimes in progress.
Call or text 988The 988 Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Athletics Compliance
For reporting concerns or providing comments, ideas, and suggestions about NCAA rules.Athletics Compliance
Fraud, Waste & Abuse of State Property
The Internal Audit Division reviews and investigates reports of waste, fraud, or abuse of state assets (see definition here: REG 07.40.02), violations of federal or state Law, or 
non-compliance to UNC System or university policies, regulations or rules.
Internal Audit Division
Clery Act Reporting
Campus Security Authority (CSA) Incident Reporting – the University Police Department encourages all members of the campus community to report crimes on a timely basis. However, under the Clery Act, CSAs are required to report Clery Act qualifying crimes which occurred on campus, in public areas near campus and in certain non-campus buildings owned or controlled (leased) by the University. CSAs should only report those crimes that have not been previously reported to University Police or another University CSA.University Police Department
Digital Accessibility BarriersFor reporting concerns related to digital accessibility barriers.Office of Information Technology
Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, and Title IX ReportingNC State strives to ensure that students, faculty, staff and visitors are safe and not subject to further discrimination, harassment or retaliation.
Should you experience or witness discrimination, harassment or retaliation, you have the option to file a report with NC State University and/or NC State Police. Filing a report helps to inform the university of concerning behavior and conduct impacting our community and permits outreach to those directly affected to promote their safety and well-being.
Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity
Impact ResponseOIED Impact Response, serves the campus community by offering a system and processes that invite students, faculty and staff to document and proactively address the impacts of bias-related incidents, behaviors, and actions.Office for Institutional Equity & Diversity
Research ComplianceThe NC State Research Compliance Program is committed to advancing the highest standards of ethics, integrity and honesty as well as compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies governing research.Sponsored Research and Research Compliance Services
Occupational Accidents, and Illnesses ReportingFor reporting on-the-job incidents and employee injuries.Environmental Health & Safety
Student ConductFor reporting concerns regarding academic integrity, non-academic violations, or other student conduct concerns.Office of Student Conduct
Youth Programs/
Minors on Campus
For reporting abuse or neglect of minors and other incidents that happen to a youth participant or related to an NC State-affiliated youth programYouth Programs & Compliance
Violence and Other Concerning BehaviorsTo address incidents of Violent Behavior and contribute to a safe campus environment, all students and employees must immediately report any acts of Violent Behavior.  Each Concerning Behavior Referral will be promptly investigated. Every effort will be made to protect the confidentiality and safety of anyone who submits a referral regarding a potential violation of this regulation or otherwise raises concerns about a threat or act of campus violence.Violence Prevention & Threat Management