NC State Mission
As a research-extensive land-grant university, North Carolina State University is dedicated to excellent teaching, the creation and application of knowledge, and engagement with public and private partners. By uniting our strength in science and technology with a commitment to excellence in a comprehensive range of disciplines, NC State promotes an integrated approach to problem solving that transforms lives and provides leadership for social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina and around the world.
NC State Vision
NC State University will emerge as a preeminent technological research university recognized around the globe for its innovative education and research addressing the grand challenges of society.
NC State Values
Consonant with our history, mission, and vision, North Carolina State University affirms these core values:
- Integrity—in the pursuit, creation, application, and dissemination of knowledge
- Freedom—of thought and expression
- Respect—for cultural and intellectual diversity
- Responsibility—for individual actions and service to society
- Stewardship—in sustaining economic and natural resources
- Excellence—in all endeavors