FAQ of the Month – March 2016

What do I do if I receive a subpoena for University records or my testimony as an employee?

From time to time, offices or employees on campus will receive a subpoena requiring the University to produce certain information or witnesses for a court case either in North Carolina or another state.  If you receive a subpoena, you should note the date it was received and then scan and email the document to the University Records Officer in the Office of General Counsel. The Officer will coordinate with necessary individuals around campus to review and appropriately respond to the request. If you are ever concerned about the type of request you have received, you may always call the University Records Officer to answer any questions at 919-515-1690.