You are a Student…
College life presents many choices and challenges and your actions have the potential to impact a wide circle of people – from the people who teach you and advise you, to the people you live with in the residence halls, to the people who serve you in the dining hall. It is your responsibility to be aware of how your choices and actions may affect yourself and others around you.
How Does Compliance Intersect with Your Role at the University?
The NC State community can only function smoothly and successfully if everyone takes responsibility for their own actions and make themselves aware of their obligations.
- The U.S. Department of Education requires schools to provide consumer information about educational programs and the school’s success. This information is intended to allow students and families to make well-informed decisions as they select a college, ensuring that the university delivers on the services promised. Consumer Information is available here: https://studentservices.ncsu.edu/consumer-information/
Know your rights, responsibilities, and expectations as a student:
- Familiarize yourself with NC State’s Code of Student Conduct (POL 11.35.01 – Code of Student Conduct) and follow these conduct expectations
- Know your Rights and Responsibilities
- Know what constitutes Family Educational Rights and Privacy (FERPA) (REG 11.00.01 – Family Educational Rights and Privacy) Information and how to protect it
- Student Organization Handbook
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing